FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lesson on Faith

Our pastor preached on a passage from James 2 today.  FAITH IS A VERB he said.  Well...he is right!  It is.  And I am 41 and am only beginning to REALLY get this.  Pastor Kasey reminded us today that faith is to demonstrated by our hands and not just from our mouths...it is not enough to just speak about our faith or to go through the motions.  How am I letting faith change me? 

I am writing this...more to remind me...but also to encourage you how true this is.  Here is the point I would like to add - when your faith isn't strong enough you HAVE to reach and call upon someone else's who is.  God will put those people there for you as he did for me in Ukraine 2 weeks ago.  I was sitting in church today thinking about how broken and unsure I was 2 weeks ago.  Unless you are Melaney, Vicki, or one of the women at the Ark you will not get this...but it is TRUE!  Then...God used the women around me for His Glory and to teach me some things that will, literally, live in my heart forever.  I sat in church today KNOWING that I am living out my faith and that feels really good...but it is not because of anything I have done.  It is because God is who He is and those He has purposefully placed people in my life to change me - He wants to make me into a better person and I am all for that!

So, Pastor Kasey...thank you for another little 'gift' and reminder from God that He has not forgotten my fears of failure and inadequacy.  I know that I am called to live out my faith and I will do that boldly by surrendering my life and my daughter to Him to make us both who we are supposed to be.  And it is downright exciting (though still scary) to be really and TRULY (100%) living in faith.  It's a risk I am learning to appreciate and I will only exceed because of YOU, my Father!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words - amazing what God can do when we just have faith! I'll agree it is "scary" - I'm reading Radical right now, and it is uncovering so much in my life that I'm not completely handing over to the Lord. He's doing so much in our lives right now, and we just need to continue to be faithful! Thanks for reminding me sweet & faithful friend!

    ReplyDelete