FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12 days to go for travel- - 16 until we see Vika

We have been calling Vika each Tuesday to speak with her since she had to leave to go back to Ukraine on January 15th.  I called her this morning and I believe it is the first time that it became real for me that we actually going in less than 2 weeks!!!  I never dreamed or thought about going to Ukraine...now it is all I think about.  It is the most unlikely of places but that is where God placed our daughter.  But that is God...a blessing in the craziest of places if we will just look!

Vika knows we are coming and we have explained the process to her.  She knows we will make 2 trips and she sort of knows the timeline.  She always wants to know if Thomas is coming (we are chopped liver!!)!  I have been told there is a lot of "down time" in the waiting for a court date.  I am looking forward to that and am praying that God will use that time for us to learn more about her in her own environment.  I also pray that we will be a light while we are there.

I am excited to see my daughter again and to hug her and tell her I love her without being 5000+ miles away. 

I am trying to be specific in our prayer requests...the last post contains the general list but I will try to be more specific as I post.  Tonight I would pray that Vika knows how much we love her and that she has peace about leaving her country and all that she has known for so long.  I pray that our loving Father wraps His arms around her until the day we are allowed to bring her home for good. 

Love you, V....

3 comments:

  1. We were unable to tell our young lady that we were coming for her, so she was confused and did not understand what was happening. In the end she told us "NO" and I think if we had been able to discuss it with her over the phone during the waiting months, we might have gotten a different answer. I wish you all the best with your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I also wanted to ask which region she is in. Can you message me privately? mmacy@macykids.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I am so sorry. I have heard of a lot of people with that story. I will say there are weeks I speak with her and she seems quiet. But I ask almost every week if this is still what she wants. She tells us yes! We should be at her orphanage on 4/28. We will find out.

    ReplyDelete