FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rip my heart out...

I was able to speak with Vika today.  At first she was quiet and timid...even though she knows we are coming and said she wants to see us. She said she is nervous about coming and learning English...she was also nervous about leaving Ukraine.  One sad mom at this moment!

Nataliya was able to talk with her and understand what was going on.  After a little while we learned what we think is really bothering her.

Her grandmothter has been back in touch with her again and plans to keep her over an upcoming break ( 1 week+).  I will tell you that this makes me uneasy...first of all because that is when we are supposed to be there...don't they know?  Do they care?  And also...I am sorry...I will say it...why now?  Why the attention now?  I cannot be judgmental but so want this answer.  But also... she received a letter from her mother this week.  Her mother was asking to see her before she leaves the country.  Why now?  Again, I cannot understand it.

This will be one of my questions when I stand before my Lord (and BTW, the list is growing!!!!)

So...I know adoption is sooo hard!  But I also know that I will stand strong and do what I can to protect my child!  I will do what I have to do to help her.
Vika ultimately seemed excited to see all of us and for this process to happen.  I just do not want her dealing with adult issues when she is a child.

PRAYER
1. My heart is so heavy.  Travel plans now seem complicated to me.  But my FIRST concern is for Vika in these next 3-4 weeks.  PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!!!!
2. That travel will not be hindered due to holidays/breaks/issues with V's extended family - we have 3 other children and home and our employers to think about as well.  Please pray for swift travel.
3. For Vika's mom and grandmother and that they are at peace about Vika leaving Ukraine and will do WHAT IS BEST FOR HER.  I also pray for our hearts as we deal with this issue.
4. For the call we hope to have with her Director tomorrow.  He has been on vacation.

5 comments:

  1. Wow... God just had to throw something in to keep it interesting :) We will be praying for you... we know this was hard and scarey to hear. Just remember this is his plan, not yours.

    For us, I know gma, biomom, and aunt all did a full court press the Friday before we showed up -- staff tends to call them. In the time before we arrived in Ukraine gma had visited 6times in 2.5yrs and aunt/biomom none. In our case it was explicitly to get them not to come, not "see you before you leave" though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this will be good for your daughter in the long run....she will need to say goodbye too. If God wills it...please know that He knows what's best for your daughter and trust Him with the rest....I know this is easy for me to say....Let Him do the worrying etc. It may help her in the long run to adjust to you...she can be at peace knowing her bio/mother said goodbye and someone cared. Put her in Gods hands and let Him make the decisions. He created her life plan before she was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Let me try this again without so many grammar errors!)
    When we adopted, our son had a weekend lined up to go with his 26 year old 1/2 brother. The first weekend we were there. But we were told by the orphanage director that once we have the SDA referral no one - but us - can take him off the premises so he didn't go.
    BTW 1/2 brother took WAY more interest in our son when he learned he was being adopted. Didn't visit much more than once a year until he heard we were coming for him and then POW! All of a sudden he's super 1/2 brother.
    1/2 brother ended up being supportive of the adoption - even came to court to give his thumbs up - as I think he thought we might be his "in" to getting to the United States? Not really sure but he had no plans of ever getting our boy of the orphanage.
    Anyway, I don't know if that "SDA referral" thing is a rule or what (and in Ukraine it seems every region has it's own set of "rules") but for what it's worth I thought I'd pass it on....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our facilitator is handling it...and Wendy, I am not sure she will end up going either. I do feel it is important for to see them if she wants to. She told me yesterday that she would like to see her grandmother, but nother mother. We are hoping that she can see her grandmother, yet not hold up our adoption, especially with the shut down looming! I appreciate all of the prayers and kind words. We really are thankful! Just continue to pray for her and for us as we travel Sunday!! HUGS to each of you!!

    ReplyDelete