FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Thursday, April 14, 2011

GOD...WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Lord...we need YOU to move mountains!!

We found out today that the agency to process adoptions in Ukraine (SDA) is shutting down all adoptions "temporarily."  We have been told that the shut down is to allow them to switch this function (adoptions) to the new ministry that will handle adoptions going forward.  We have been told they should re-open in 3 (4??) months.  We have been told that if you have an appt with SDA (which we do) we SHOULD be fine...but I have lived through one situation and another adoption (a little different but the same chaos) and I know that 'shoulds are coulds that would' so I rely on nothing until I see it with my own eyes.  They tell us that they will shut down on 6/1 or 6/13...

That being said...I am turning this over to my GOD.  I will also not sit by and say there is nothing I can do.  God gave me a will and brain and I do believe there are SOME things I can do and I will do each and every one of them until I can't 'do' anymore.  I will 1.) PRAY and I will 2.) FIGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER TO COME HOME!

Right now we are still planning to travel and leave on Easter afternoon.  Right now I am still planning to make two trips, but I am beginning to think I need to stay in country the entire time and make sure I am there on the ground in Ukraine advocating to the best of my ability for my daughter.  This will be a decision for my husband and me in the next few days.  It means a hardship to our existing family (and possibly my job) but priorities must be made and hard decisions made. 

We do have an appointment with SDA but I have many friends just days/a week/maybe a month behind us and they are in a situation with, maybe, less 'hope' than we have tonight.  May I please beg anyone reading this blog to:
1. Pray for the children caught in limbo (some are close to 'aging out')
2. Pray for the families with hopes dashed tonight and who are filled with worry and stress about their children and this process
3. Pray that we know, as a family, how best to handle our particular situation
4. Pray for the officials in Ukraine overseeing this process - that they may have their eyes opened to the need and that they feel compassion to move quickly to provide these children homes
5. Pray for the facilitators that are feeling stress and anger from families who need a sounding post and a place to vent.  They are our lifeline to our children and we rely on them.  I pray for wisdom and peace and rest for them.
6. MOSTLY...PLEASE PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN IN UKRAINE AND AROUND THE WORLD GOING TO BED WITH NO PARENTS TO TUCK THEM IN AND SAY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post more tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Well fooey... will be praying for you to have peace through this. Makes the timing on our 2nd adoption more interesting as we were planning to submit a dossier in August. It's all God's timing for us however it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to everything you just said. We are one of the families submitted but not given an appointment yet. This is breaking my heart!! Praying for all of the children and families!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for each of you...our entire family will!!!

    Stay tuned...I committed to posting...you will see the good, the bad, and the ugly...hopfully mostly good!!!

    ReplyDelete