FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Sunday, April 17, 2011

One week from today...

At this time in exactly ONE WEEK...we are off for Ukraine (5:20 Easter afternoon)!  I am so excited!  I did the shopping for most of what we need yesterday and will pick a few last things tomorrow.  I am really trying to pack lightly, but with a 4 year old, not so easily said!
The weather was beautiful here today and we found ourselves saying today that "When Vika is home we will need to get her a bike" or "When Vika is home...".  It is exciting to be saying those words!  I admit I am nervous about all that lies ahead, but I think that the time we will get to spend with her in her environment will be good.  I also just want to see her again so badly...our last memory was her walking away at the airport and it was awful.  I want good tears this time!
I look forward to talking with her Tuesday...and to be able to tell her that we will be there to SEE her on the 28th!  She knows this, but if I were in her shoes I would always wonder what could happen to change that.  Her Director also told us he wanted us to call when we were a week or so away from traveling.  He was on vacation last week so I hope I get to speak with him Tuesday.
I feel so blessed for everything in our lives...4 great, healthy kids...soon to be 5!  Our friends, our neighbors, work that we like and/or love, great family, a fabulous church, the weather today!  Just cannot wait to truly start the process of bringing my daughter home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for Vika this week and for us as we prepare all we need to travel.  I am usually not forgetful, but excitement is setting in!  Please continue to pray for the other families in this process.

2 comments:

  1. Sitting here with Ashley and Dennis reading your blog and showing them Vika's picture. We will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian...you are one of the people who inspired me to keep this blog. you mentioned in a post how great it is to allow people to pray for you. Our family appreciates your family investing in the life of precious Vika and praying for her and us. Stay tuned - it is bound to get more exciting!

    ReplyDelete