FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Monday, May 23, 2011

Thelma and Louise

THELMA AND LOUISE (Melaney and I) leave Wednesday night from Chicago.  You will hear from M and me...will either be incarcerated or begging our way out from under the bags of toys we are taking...so take our calls!!! 

Seriously....we have that handled and feel good about it.  We are in good hands!  For those of you praying and those who sent toys...you have NO IDEA the impact you have made.  We will take pics so that you can see what is accomplished thanks to the efforts of so many!!!!!   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
(And we are believing that we will accomplish getting these bags into Ukraine!  If there are 2 women on the job who can do it, it is us!!!) 

I was supposed to hear if Vika was back at the orphanage yesterday.  Day 2 and I have heard nothing.   But...that is what faith is all about, and I am really ok.  She will be there when I get there and I just know in my gut all is ok.  And for those who REALLY know me...that is very different from how I am...I have to know that I know that I know.....

There have been a few setbacks today regarding the other little one I FELL IN LOVE WITH in Chernigivka!  She is not able to be hosted this summer but I am CONVINCED that there is a better plan.  And, where there is God's Will there will be A Way!!!!!!!!!!  So, for my friends working on this...hang in there!

So...here come my requests!

1. Prayers for my friends willing to love and host the other child who stole our heart and for prayers that there is a better solution!!!!!!!!
2. A FAST passport when we get there!  The quicker it is, the quicker V and I are home!
3. Safe travels...for me tomorrow and Melaney on Wednesday
4. For Thomas and Jason, who I leave here.  I know T will be happy...so maybe more for me missing him!  Prayers for them both!
5. For the kids we leave behind in Chernigivka. This is truly the one weighing on me the most.  Some of these children know that their friend (Vika) is leaving and they are waiting on their own families.  Some don't have families yet.  I can't even begin to say how important this prayer is to me.  Whether they are waiting to be adopted, waiting to be picked for hosting, waiting on a family member to visit or waiting on something else...please pray.  I can actually empathize with them after being there and I understand more about their situation.  It is not good.  I pray that they know that until there is an answer...they are loved! 
6. Praying for any other family reading this, thinking, and wondering if you can make a difference?!?!   Money or details should NOT stop you.  Help an orphan...in the US or elsewhere if you can.  If not...support a family that is!  You matter!  Just come see my son or speak to my daughter when she is home.  IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

Listen to the song Story of Your Life. 
What will be the STORY of your life.  Don't leave any stone unturned or regrets on the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Change your destiny (or that of a child) TODAY!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7KfFfse3k

No comments:

Post a Comment