FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Toys...again

TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!  I just posted on Fbook...but wanted to keep you guys in the loop!  Melaney and I have 100+ lbs of toys to go to Ukraine!  Keep in mind a LOT of this weight is light...stuffed animals, etc...Basically Melaney went and bought 2 army duffle bags and they are 100% full!!!!!!!  Thank you, Melaney, for having the heart for these kids to do this!  Thank you to your friends and thank you to our church PHCC, for helping! 
I would say 168 kids are getting a toy...but since I won't count Vika it is 167!  Now if we can just find a way to bring more of them home?!?!?!  In the meantime I can promise the kids will be hugged on, loved, and made to as special as we can for the short time I am there with my friend Melaney!

We fly from Chicago Weds night...I will post before then!

My 12 year old is trying to edit/proofread my post...anything you want to say, Meagan????   no

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them - thank you for giving me this opportunity Alison!
    Many years ago, Christ put in my heart a love and desire to help orphans. I have asked many friends over the years if they would go with me on an outreach trip. Although some expressed an interest, it never happened. I realized the other day, that God gave me this opportunity without me having to ask - He brought it to me. This trip is a gift to me and I plan to make the most of every moment. Thank you for your friendship and making a special place in my heart very happy.
    UKRAINE BOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for going with me! Tell Kevin I will ignore his calls in Ukraine too!
    Melaney, I can tell you that I know God is going to do great things. This is about more than us bringing Vika home. This is about an opportunity we have. I am praying for what God is starting for the Sems but I am also excited about what we can do long term. I am SOOOOO excited about the long term things we can do!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you may have trouble with customs on the way back with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete