FLORIDA

FLORIDA

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things I am not good at...

OK...so there are a LOT of things I am not good at - singing, dancing, drawing, need I go on?  Well, I can tell you the thing I am the WORST at...DOING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God did not design me to sit around!!!

Jason is still working this week at his company HQ so it is me, Thomas, and Sergey.  Sergey and I are SOOOOO ready to get back to work tomorrow.  He is on a mission to go home just like we are. 

I watched the kids watch us from the windows all morning but finally the kids were allowed to be outside most of the afternoon today!  It was music to my ears to hear the chaos and see them running and playing.  We (collectively) spent about 4 hours out there with them.  There are 168 children here "today", to quote Alex (apparently that is a moving target).  I was able to spend a good bit of time with the kids Vika's age and it was very interesting. 

These kids are doing all of the things our kids this age in the US do...smoke, walk off for periods with boyfriends/girlfriends, etc.  I know I stumbled on a crew smoking and they were a mess when they saw me (they all know who I am by now!).  I just stopped and tried to talk to them and hugged any of them who would let me.  This is behavior I can do nothing about but I can show them that they are loved in spite/despite of their circumstances. 

I hung out with a LOT of Vika's friends today.  There is a 'mole' among them who will tell me anything and has enough English to do so!!!  She told me Vika is a "good girl", "no smoke", but "sleeps sometimes during school"!!!  I immediately said in America...no sleep in school, Vika Elizabeth!!!  No way!  They all laughed and laughed. 

The kids are amazing...when we are out there they will just come and sit and do anything to be touched, hugged on, loved, talked to, anything.  Of course Thomas is really the hit...not me.  He has so many friends now it is unreal.  There is 1 girl and 2 boys that have stolen my heart.  The girl is part of the hosting program and is being re-hosted this summer.  She is so sweet.  Neither of the boys have been hosted.  One is younger...about 9 or 10, I would say.  He is just so sweet and has a smile as wide as a river!  He is precious.  The other boy is about Vika's age and will not let Thomas out of his site when we are outside.  Tonight he even brought badminton racquets and a birdie to play with him.  We are approved for 2 children through INS...but I know better with my other half.  He would have me committed!  I will just have to pray for them to find families.  They are precious boys...I can just tell!

I have a glass full of tulips.  Whenever one of the girls would come and talk they would bring a tulip (I am sure the orphanage loved that!)  It is heart breaking that all they want is love and acceptance. 

Thomas is asleep and I am right behind him.  Praying for all of our friends...please pray that we receive GOOD news about a court date tomorrow!

from UKR...






2 comments:

  1. If we end up in Ukraine and one of the girls doesn't say yes, we are so going to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macys...they will say yes! But if not, you have many friends ready and willing to help like you are all helping us now! )

    ReplyDelete